Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hello Tokyo!!

OK heres the rundown so far.

Got in to Tokyo yesterday afternoon. I decided on the plane to ditch the hostel, and found an excellent hotel right near Tokyo Station. The street its on is lined with cherry blossom trees. The blossoms are everywhere, blowing in the wind, and it seems half of Japan is in the city taking pictures of them. $150 a night doesnt get you much space, but its clean and they speak english....Ate some Udon and had a little walk around, but I was zonked.

Woke up early today and headed right to the Palace. Spent a very peaceful morning in the gardens and took way too many pictures. Then I headed out to Akihabara, aka Electronics Town. I was in heaven. Blinking lights and video games and techno music everywhere. I think Im addicted to buying these "capsule" toys they sell all over Akihabara. There like a buck or two a piece but I think I spent like 15 bucks on em. Had a weird sandwich and some excellent coffee. Played some crazy Japanese video games and got lots of pics of signage, people, etc. So much to look at and hear its a total overload. Super fun happy time yay!

Came back to Tokyo station to find some sort of celebration taking place all aroun Choa area. Taiko drums and dancing and stuff. Outside Kinkos right now there is a huge street fair.

OK enough for now. I dont have a way to put up pics yet, but Ill figure it out and post some when I can.

Seeya

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH - I'm commenting on Neils blog! WOORD. Sounds like you're having a great time. Hopefully you'll get a chance to stay in one of those capsule hotels while you're there! Looking forward to the pics

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home