Sunday, April 02, 2006

Traveling the Ginza line

Konichi Wa

Cherry Blossom 1

Wow, my feet hurt. I think Ive walked abiout ten miles so far. Yesterday after posting I had the Japanese equivalent of steak and eggs, a spicy beef patty with rice and an over easy egg. Delicious!! I crashed bevause I ate so much rice, and when I woke up it was raining. O well. I took the Ginza line to ... Ginza. It was amazing and I wish I could have taken pictures because the suignage is awesome. Lights up the street so it seems like its daylight still. Ill go back tonite and snap some. Had a few beers at a bar and headed back to the hotel. I was zonked by 9, and the rain was pouring so I just passed out.

This morning, I woke up early and booked another night at the hotel. It is actually quite a nice deal and too nice to chance going somewhere else that could suck. Headed out (on the Ginza line) to Tsukiji fish market. What a madhouse. I almost got hit like 5 times by bikes, cars, and scooters. I had a sushi breakfast("the freshest in the world"), which I didn`t really enjoy, but had to try it. They dont have Cali rolls or shrimp tempura rolls out here. I think one of the things still had eyes, but I just closed my eyes and swallowed fast!

Then, off to Asakusa, the Senso-ji temple. Amazing stuff, its one of the oldest shrines left in Tokyo. Many people were there, and some sort of ceremony was going on. Had a few skewers. Even though they were beef I could taste fish broth. Everything has fish in it, even beef! Took a bunch of pics and headed to Ueno, another old part of town. I walked through the grey market area for hours, but I didnt buy a thing. Tokyo is pretty cheap if you dont spend any yen!

I got a few photos up on Flickr. More coming when I have time. I think Ive shot about 350 pics so far, thats a lot to sort through.

OK sayonara for today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home